Know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning

Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning in your home

As furnaces are used across the country, the chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in the home rises. While the best offense is a good defense (performing regular maintenance on your furnace and installing carbon monoxide detectors in your home), it is still important to know what to do if you notice the signs of carbon monoxide in your home.

First off, what are the signs? Some of the more common symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning are:

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Blurred Vision
  • Confusion
  • Drowsiness
  • Chest pain
  • Elevated heartbeat
  • Seizures
  • Shortness of breath

All of these can be signs of CO poisoning. If you notice any combination of these signs and symptoms, especially if others in your home are suffering similarly, make sure to seek help immediately. It is always safer to err on the side of caution, so if you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, even if your CO detector hasn’t sounded, call 911 and remove yourself from your home immediately. Do not hesitate inside your home. 

Generally, heat exchanger leaks develop slowly over time and cause CO infiltration in to your living area . The gas is tasteless, odorless and invisible, so you have no way of knowing how much carbon monoxide is in the air you are breathing. Air National Texas technicians can inspect your furnace and check for the presence of carbon monoxide in your home.

If you would like to know more about carbon monoxide poisoning, would like to schedule some maintenance for your furnace or have any questions for us, please feel free to contact us via email, through our Facebook  page, or give us a call at 281-251-3143.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*